Get in on the “Secret Season” Promotion
Have you heard about the Secret Season? The beauty of Amelia Island in October and November is well-known to those in the know: warm days, low humidity, temperate ocean, slower pace, nights just cool enough for a light jacket. Our previous post mentioning this phenomenon was so popular, we've gone around the island and collected an array of deals as well as a special selection of insider secrets you won't want to miss. STAY Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island : Amelia Island Breakaway which includes a $100 daily resort credit for your stay during the month of October - just right for that 'just because' occasion. (The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is one of the few properties to have a Five Diamond Restaurant located in a Five Diamond Hotel.) Book by calling 800-241-3333 or visit ritzcarlton.com/ameliaisland. Secrets:
- Dine with the Chefs at Salt. Take a seat at a special table in the kitchen and watch the chefs create their masterpieces. If interested, you may join the line and learn tricks and techniques guaranteed to impress at your next dinner party.
- Experience the tranquility of zero gravity when you try the signature Heaven in a Hammock at the Spa.
- Visit The Salt Shop for salts and sugars infused with a variety of flavors. Don’t forget to get some of the house-made salted caramels (but we can't guarantee they will last long enough to bring home once you start unwrapping them.)
- See the two gardens right on the property: the herb garden near Café 4750, where you can find mint, basil and more, plus larger Eco Garden is located a few steps away from the hotel, home to a vegetable garden, and beehives where they harvest honey for use in the kitchens, spa and boutique.
- Tanner the Turtle has a dance party every day at 2pm on the pool deck, followed by a complimentary frosty treat.
- Walker’s Landing makes for the perfect sunset view photo op.
- Taste specialty blended tequila at the Rum and Tequila Experience.
- Tour The Sprouting Project, our chef’s greenhouse, garden and bee apiary. (And sample the local honey with breakfast in Sunrise Café.)