You’ll #LoveAmelia’s Romantic Restaurants
The #LoveAmelia photo contest is in its final days (take a look and enter here) and we’ve been charmed by the many special moments travelers have enjoyed on Amelia Island. One of the most popular experiences: taking time for a romantic meal in a place with that special Island ambience. Here are a few ideas.
- Le Clos – Bon vivants delight in the flavors of Provençal France. The charming cottage with quaint ambiance boasts the perfect vichyssoise, a cool, creamy delight on a sultry night.
- Brett’s Waterway Cafe – Savor fresh seafood as you take in a stunning sunset over the marsh. Afterwards, stroll hand-in-hand down the pier to check out yachts from around the world.
- David’s – For a special evening, discover this elegant, darkly-lit and upscale fine dining establishment with an extensive wine list. Visit the lounge for unique cocktails.
- Beech Street Bar & Grill -Dine al fresco in the courtyard outside this “Gingerbread-era” home. Enjoy an inventive dinner menu, and don’t miss the decadent Sunday brunch featuring Red Velvet waffles.
- Salt – Reserve the exclusive chef’s table for an unforgettable culinary experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. Choose the award-winning Chef’s Adventure Tasting Menu.
- BarZin – Located on the quiet South end of the island, Bar Zin Bistro and Wine Bar offers a European flair. Try the French Country Salad, seafood pot pie and daily seafood specials.
- 29 South – Eclectic neighborhood bistro in historic downtown. American cuisine prepared with ingredients sourced from local farms and onsite garden.
- Falcon’s Nest -For a casual dinner that’s still romantic, slip into the Falcon’s Nest at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation, where you can dine creekside by the light of tiki torches. Try their watermelon salad or classic burgers.
- Joe’s Bistro – Sample fresh seafood specialties in a 1900’s home, or outside in a New Orleans-inspired courtyard. Chef and owner Ricky Pigg is a local history expert who is happy to share stories of Amelia Island’s past as the evening winds down.
- España – Flavors from Spain and Portugal make this a local favorite. Enjoy each other’s company (and the paella) in the cozy main dining room, on the enclosed patio or in the lush outdoor garden.
Feeling like a Fall getaway?
- Take a look at the specials and activities for Florida-Georgia weekend.
- Explore the insider tips and deals featured for The Secret Season.
Planning further ahead?
- Experience the romance of a Victorian Christmas and the debut of Dickens on Centre, November 27th – December 12th
- Mark your calendars for Amelia Island Restaurant Week, coming January 16-25