Great Southern Tailgate Classic Is Coming
Kick off football season beach-style with the Great Southern Tailgate Classic on August 21-22. Packed with live music and celebrating the best of football season in the South, the fun starts on Friday night and continues through Saturday, leading up to a performance by alternative rock favorite Sister Hazel.
Host hotel Residence Inn Amelia Island is offering a special package including two night’s stay in a spacious suite, two weekend event tickets ($50 value), free parking, free island shuttle & complimentary hot breakfast buffet. (Plus, just in case you need more time to tailgate, their new outdoor kitchen features two large grills alongside a fire pit, hot tub spa, and pool.)
You won’t want to miss:
- Friday night’s pep rally event kickoff featuring local bands and Colorado’s The Motet, a world-class improvisational funk band
- Saturday’s tailgate cooking demonstrations on the hour from 11am – 3pm
- The chance to earn points for your school by showing off your skills in Knockerball, cornhole, giant pong, dizzy punt, and other games
- Kid’s Zone activities for the younger fans and a Cool Zone for everyone
- Dancing on Saturday afternoon to the high-energy sounds of festival favorites Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band and New Orleans’ Dumpstaphunk
- Enjoying singer-songwriter Marc Broussard, a second-generation Louisiana musician known for his “Bayou Soul” style
- The team Spirit Pep Rally leading up to Sister Hazel taking the stage at 7:30 on Saturday night
Tickets are on sale now, priced at $25 and good for the entire weekend. For more information and the full event schedule, visit greatsoutherntailgateclassic.com and the Great Southern Tailgate Classic Facebook page.