Enjoy Florida-Georgia Weekend on Amelia Island
The end of summer means the countdown to football season has begun. Why not experience one of the most legendary college games, the Florida-Georgia matchup on Friday October 3oth at Everbank Field in Jacksonville from Amelia Island? Everyone who visits over this weekend will feel like a winner, events, special offers, and festivities all around the island. Here's a selection:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island: Pre-game celebration, packages starting at $359, , make your own game day Bloody Mary bar, and temporary tattoos to show your team spirit.
- The Golf Club of Amelia Island is hosting a Kickoff Party with live music, cornhole, putt-putt, and door prizes, plus a kickoff Golf Package for $99 (includes 18 holes and access to the Kickoff Party.
- The Omni Amelia Island Plantation is hosting a Florida-Georgia Bash featuring the Swingin’ Medallions, costume contests, as well as an after party at the aviation-themed Falcon’s Nest. $30 per person including two drink tickets.
- Flying Fish Adventures will get you out on the water on a guided jet ski tour with a $20 discount during the weekend, plus a second passenger rides free.
- EcoMotion Tours offers the chance to take a walking tour of a plantation that is unlike any other, located between Amelia Island and Jacksonville within Fort George Island’s thickly wooded parklands. $25 per person. $5 discount during FL-GA Game Weekend.
- Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen will be serving up Hot Gator Wings with Buttermilk Ranch, Pickled Celery Root and Blue Cheese Crumbles $15 and Pulled BBQ Alligator Rib Sandwiches with House Dill Pickles & SC BBQ Sauce $10
- Hola Cuban Café will feature their mojo shrimp, black bean and cheese empanadas (these favorites are usually they’re only offered during shrimp festival) plus the Cuban coffee and authentic Cuban sandwiches to keep fans going.
- Sliders Seaside Grill is hosting the “Second Largest Cocktail Party in the World” that weekend, right on the beach! With 16 Large Screens TVs for the game viewing and a special “Bulldog Tail-Gator” menu plus Halloween Costume Ball following the game.
- Peterbrooke Chocolate is offering Georgia and Florida themed footballs, filled with chocolate-covered popcorn for $35, and they are hosting a wine or beer pairing with chocolate on game evening, where you are invited to make your own UGA or UF chocolate mold.
- Fernandina Beach Market Place Farmers Market marks the weekend with their annual Best Decorated Booth contest, where vendors go all out in celebration of Florida, Georgia, or Halloween.