Fish to Fork Weekend
Omni Amelia Island Plantation is hosting its second annual Fish to Fork culinary weekend May 1-3, benefitting the James Beard Foundation scholarship program. The event brings together some of the top names in the culinary world to fish the waters of Amelia Island and prepare mouthwatering dishes in a competition-style experience. There are countless reasons you don’t want to miss this ultimate foodie event on Amelia Island at the resort this May, but here are our top reasons to buy your tickets now.
- Take part in a Rum and Tequila Tasting flight tasting at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation’s new poolside tequila and rum bar. Tickets start at just $50 and includee handcrafted cocktails and flights of fine rum and tequila. Take a peek at the menu.
- On Saturday, May 2 from 6-9 p.m. five renowned visiting chefs as well as the talented Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Executive Chef Daven Wardynski will compete in a chef’s showdown that you wont want to miss. The main event showcases the chef’s skills as they compete in individual and group challenges; transforming a secret ingredient and local seafood sourced during their fishing excursions into delectable delicacies. The chefs will ultimately be tested with a live vote from guests who sample dishes throughout the event. This event sold out last year – purchase here now.
- In addition to the incredible dining, weekend guests will have the opportunity to add on chef-led cooking classes or a private Bourbon Tasting.
- The Fish to Fork VIP Package is the ultimate way to indulge in the best of culinary and luxury. The package includes three nights in oceanfront accommodations, a welcome dinner for two on Thursday night, a choice of fishing with the chefs or a wine-paired lunch for two on Friday and dinner for two that night. On Saturday, guests will experience a lunch and wine pairing and two tickets to Saturday night’s main event.
- The weekend’s events raise money for the James Beard Scholarship Foundation. The scholarship foundation assists aspiring culinary students by supporting them on a path to success in the rewarding world of the hospitality industry. Professional grants enable those already working in the industry to gain experience and hone their skills.