Make it a Guys’ Getaway
It's been a long, hard winter, and you've earned an escape: get the guys together and come to Amelia Island to play. Whether it's a golf trip, a reunion of college friends, a bachelor weekend, or just a short break, Amelia Island has everything you need for a great time and for great stories.
- Go Golfing. With 117 holes and seven that play along the Atlantic Ocean - think of it as a 42 million square foot water hazard - the links of Amelia Island offer irresistible play for golfers of every skill level. Amelia Island's resorts offer a variety of golf packages year-round.
- Conquer Fort Clinch. Go back in time and explore an amazingly well-preserved Civil War era fort set in a State Park with something for everyone to do: daily tours of the fort, six miles of trails for biking and hiking, a quiet beach for surf fishing and beach combing plus a fishing pier with a great view of Amelia and Cumberland Islands. The Park has two campgrounds, one at the beach and another at the river, for those who like to get a bit closer to nature.
- Take a Skydive. Take a tandem skydive over beautiful Amelia Island just 2.3 miles from the sandy beaches of Amelia Island over the Atlantic Ocean. After a scenic 15-minute plane ride to altitude over the Florida coastline, you'll take to the sky securely attached to an experienced United States Parachute Association-qualified instructor for an exhilirating skydive with a 120 miles per hour free-fall.
- Get out on the Water. Hop on a jet ski, rent a pontoon boat, or take a kayak excursion or marsh tour, it's all possible and customizable for you and your friends. If you want to cast a line, check out some of the Island's legendary fishing charters. Or try out surfing or Stand Up Paddleboarding, lessons and equipment (and wetsuit) rentals available.
- Eat and Drink. Amelia Island is home to the Palace, Florida's oldest saloon, set in historic downtown Fernandina with a range of restaurants within walking distance featuring food from local shrimp and Southern fare to Cuban, Spanish, Mexican, burgers, and more. To find the best artisan cocktails and get a fun take on local history, take a Mixology Tasting Tour. If you like to listen to acoustic music and a good beer selection, try the local favorite Green Turtle Tavern and get seats on the wrap-around porch (and don't miss the special outdoor ping-pong setup.)