Island Summer with Dad
Still refining your plans for Father’s Day? It’s not too late. Tell Dad, Grandpa, or other special man in your life that you’re taking him to Amelia Island this summer. There’s an exceptional experience here for every style of dad:
- Amelia Island is a great place to learn to surf or perfect your skills. Get him catching waves with individual lessons from Pipeline Surf Shop or Surf Asylum, which offer instruction for all levels.
- Throw down the Great Omni Amelia Challenge. If your family completes the Challenge activities (round of golf on Ocean Links or Oak Marsh, tours on Segway, Kayak, or Paddleboard, a tennis lesson, a couple rounds of adventure golf, and a spa service) during a two-night stay, you score an additional two-night stay for later in the year.
- Take him on the Mixology Tour from Amelia Island Tasting Tours. Stroll Historic Downtown Fernandina Beach and stop at four watering holes. You’ll meet the fun and creative people behind the bars and hear about the art and craft of mixing cocktails while finding out about each bar’s history. You’ll also enjoy a tasting of a specially prepared craft cocktail at each stop. Tours are Fridays and Saturdays, rain or shine, $39/person.
- Rev him up by giving him the rare chance to drive the new BMW models including I3, 435i CV, 335i, X3 XDr35i, 750Li, 650i CV, X5 sDr35i and Z4 SDr35is. Guests of The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island can take part in this special program and enjoy a leisurely drive around the island or cruise to dinner in one of the luxurious models.
- Paddle to a front-row seat to one of nature’s most spectacular sights with an Amelia River Sunset Tour. You’ll kayak from the downtown marina and expert guides will help you get in position to see the beauty of the sunset while you paddle along the river and keep an eye out for the dolphins that often like to cruise by at the same time. Times vary with the season, call Amelia Island Kayak Excursions at 904-557-5307 to reserve. Tour is approximately 2 1/2-hours and costs $65/person.
- BBQ fans will love the smoked delights that make up the BBQ express lunch offered by Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen on Fridays and Saturdays, and burger lovers can take on their own taste test of beloved island burger joints T-Ray’s Burger Station and Tasty’s Burgers and Fries.
- Find a great place to stay on Amelia Island.
- And, for more ideas, check out this rundown of activities for a Guy’s Getaway.