A Year of Amelia Island Events
Ladies and gentlemen, get out those new 2015 calendars. You are invited to enjoy an exciting array of special events for the entire family, from colorful art festivals to a full week of automotive fun. Here are a few events – available only on Amelia Island – that will make for great memories, all year long. Start planning your trip…
- Amelia Island Book Festival (Feb. 19-21) incorporates the written word into a number of events, including an opening concert, workshops, a Kidz Corner, teen fest and more. The 2015 Festival features Carolyn Curry, author of “Suffer and Grow Strong,” and former NFL player and coach Bill Curry.
- Amelia Concours Week (Mar. 12-15) includes seven top automotive events: Bonham’s Auction at the Fernandina Beach Golf Club (March 12), the Gooding & Company Auction (March 13), Festivals of Speed (March 13-14) at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation, duPont Registry Live Aeroport Reception (March 13) at Fernandina Beach Airport, the RM Auction at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island (March 14), Cars & Coffee at the Concours (March 14) and the 20th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance on the greens of the Golf Club of Amelia Island (March 13-15).
- Katie Ride for Life (Apr. 18) The Katie Ride encourages everyone to ‘donate life’ through organ donation, The Katie Ride is a cycling event with courses fully supported courses of 7 to 100 miles, suitable for riders of all levels. The Katie Walk offers a chance to enjoy the shade and natural beauty with a (stroller-friendly) 5K and 10K course winding through Fort Clinch State Park.
- Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (May 1-3) offers a celebration of our favorite crustacean and the rich shrimping history of Amelia Island. The popular event features a nationally-recognized juried fine arts and crafts show, antiques, live entertainment, kids’ activities, contests, pirates, and more than 25 food booths serving up the tastiest shrimp you can find.
- Wild Amelia Nature Festival (May 15-17) focuses on the natural assets of Amelia Island. The event features an EcoExpo and kids’ activities as well as ecotours. The celebration is family friendly and includes a sea turtle release.
- Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival (Season runs from January 31-May 31) showcases world-renowned artists performing a variety of music styles in intimate and historic settings on Amelia Island. The 2015 Festival will include the Dover Quartet, pianist Daria Rabotkina, Eroica Trio and more.
- Rendezvous Festival (June 5-14) is a new event that is all about entertainment, bringing artists and the community together for a nine-day celebration of film, music, and gaming.
- Great Southern Tailgate Classic (August 21-22) closes out summer in a celebration of tailgating, football, and beachside fun. Enjoy live entertainment, kids’ activities, and the tastes of great tailgating.
- Amelia Island Jazz Festival (Oct. 8-11) has featured headliners such as David Sanborn, Ramsey Lewis, Spyro Gyra and Mindi Abair. The 2015 festival is set to offer world-class jazz at venues throughout Amelia Island.
- Pétanque America Open (November 14-15) Amelia Island is the venue for the international community of Pétanque. Players compete at the downtown marina, surrounded by plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops -much like the French Mediterranean coast, where Pétanque started in 1907.
- Holiday Home Tour (Dec. 4-5) offers guests the opportunity to tour several of Amelia Island’s loveliest private homes in Fernandina Beach’s historic district, organized by the Amelia Island Museum of History.
- Holiday Cookie Tour of Inns (Dec. 12) is presented by Amelia Island’s historic Bed and Breakfast Inns and welcomes visitors with sweet treats and gorgeous holiday decor.